2012年6月24日星期日

Second day in Rome


               We had a very good sleep last night, our plan for Today is to visit Colosseum. On the way to colosseum, We had a great breakfast which are pizze and pasta, I think it was the best Italy food I have ever had. After that we have been walking for 40mins under the sun to get Colossceum. 


I can't believe that Colosseum is in front of me because when I was a kid I love to watch history channel and I always think what Rome looks like in real life. Colosseum is a four-storey elegant building, a huge oval-shaped theater, it can accommodate 50,000 spectators. Colosseum exemplary masterpiece of architectural history and it is miracles, huge, magnificent, and spectacular. Although only half of the skeleton, but people can still feel its majestic momentum. Now the Colosseum is only a number of ruins, but it is the symbol of Roman history. It is the most outstanding Roman monuments and the most famous representative in one of the eight spots in the world. But at same time I feel sad that the colosseum is destroyed very badly in the war. We stand on the top of the colosseum and imagine what it looks like back to thrand years ago. 



After we left colosseum, we went to visit Trevi fountain. It is the largest Roman Baroque style fountain and it is also the city famous sights, tourists are usually make a wish here. Jane and me also made a wish :) we heard that this fountain in 19 BC, supposedly with the help of a virgin, Roman technicians located a source of pure water some 13 km  from the city. in the movie <three coins in the fountain> says if the traveler throw a coin in the fountain, they will return to Rome once again. It is said that if people are throwing two coins in the Trevi Fountain, then you will encounter a new love story; If you throw three coins, you will at least get married or divorced. I wish i will return to Rome again with my parents. 


Today is such a great day, but we were very tired after visited those places. On the way to hotel, we bought a hug watermelon and a champagne. We mix the watermelon and champagne together, it taste amzingly good. Thanks Jane for this great idea, I love it :)

没有评论:

发表评论