Château d'Azay-le-Rideau:
I really like this castle, it has the Italian architectural style. It is in the new antique taste, but the bastion corners capped by pointed cones.
"Gilles Berthelot, Treasurer-General of the Finances of France under King Francis I and mayor of Tours, began reconstructing Azay-le-Rideau's earlier medieval castle, that was part of his wife's inheritance. However, it was his wife, Philippe Lesbahy, who directed the course of the works, including its central internal staircase (escalier d'honneur) that is Azay's greatest most remarkable feature, inspired by the staircase at Châteaudun.
When Berthelot was suspected of collusion in embezzlement he was forced to flee from incomplete Azay-le-Rideau in 1528; he never saw the château again. Instead, the king confiscated the property and gave it as a reward to one of his high-ranking soldiers.
Over the centuries, it changed hands several times until the early part of the twentieth century, when it was purchased by the French government and restored. The interior was completely refurbished with a collection of Renaissance pieces. Today, the château is open to public visits."

The central staircase is the main feature a visitor meets with upon entering.
Château de Villandry:
Château de Villandry is owned by the Carvallo family, the Château de Villandry is open to the public and is one of the most visited châteaux in France. I am very shocked when I saw this garden, it is extremely beautiful. Its famous Renaissance gardens include a water garden, ornamental flower gardens, and vegetable gardens.
I have a very good time of visiting these beautiful places, it is also a very valuable opportunity for me to learn more about French culture and history.
Hope one day I could visit here again here with my parents.











没有评论:
发表评论