Late week, my just knew that my host mom
already 75 years old! I was shocked because she looks so young and she is still
very active. I see her makes dinner and wash clothes for us everyday, I feel
like I want to do something for her too, so I decide to cook for my host mom
and my host brother and sisters.
My host mom went to the market with me. On the way there,
she holds my hand and told me that I am her Chinese daughter, I was very
touched so I told her that she is “Ma mère française” she seems so happy to
hear that.
In the market, there is an old guy came to us went we were
looking for coconut milk for my curry. He showed us where is the coconut milk,
but we actually do not want that kind, but my host mom Monique toke it and tell
me that we will put it back once he gone, because he came to help us and we
need to be polite. She is such a lovely gentle lady.
After
I finish cooking, I ask her to help me to cook rice, but she completely forgets
it. So we had only chicken curry… I guess that she did see that I was little
upset when she told us that she forgets to cook rice. My host brother and
sister are kind, even we have no rice, but they are keep telling me that it is
very good and how much they like it. And after we finished the dinner, she told me she feel very
sorry and it is her mistake. When I told her that it is fine, she said: uh…
thank you, now I could sleep well tonight.
I blamed myself that why I showed that
upset emotion to make a 75 year old to apologize to me. I hope she will not
keep it in her mind because I did not care about the rice; I just want she have
a day off and get some rest. After I finish this journal I will go to give her
a hug and tell her good night.
没有评论:
发表评论